Who are VegOilCar? What are they? What do they do?
of trouble-free motoring on veg oil since converting on 18th June 2008
So who or what are VegOilCar?
Well, it's a who not what, and it's me, Geoff, the guy who owns the black Toyota Landcruiser you can see above.
- VegOilCar is not a company - it doesn't sell anything or buy anything (so sod off you marketing annoying companies that keep bugging me).
- VegOilCar does not convert vehicles to run on vegetable oil, it does not sell the equipment.
- VegOilCar are not mechanics / engineers / diesel experts
- VegOilCar does not operate any kind of chargeable service.
Well if it's not all that, what is it, I hear you ask...
- VegOilCar is a free source of information
- VegOilCar does care about the environment and all things Veg Oil motoring related
- VegOilCar has helpful links and videos
- VegOilCar will offer free help and advice to anyone who's interested.
I created VegOilCar about 12 months after I first started running my car on Vegetable oil. I care about the environment and wanted to do my bit, but as I haven't the means to plant a few million trees, etc, I thought I'd try to make life easier for others who may want to do the same as me. By doing this, I hope, I'm making a contribution... helping lower pollutants, lower emissions, decreasing the use of fossil fuels, increasing the use of bio fuels, etc. I know it's a lofty statement, but if just one other guy follows my route, then it's a good start.
As such the information provided on this page is done so freely.
If you have any questions and need a little guidance, I will happily do what I can to help - but as I say, I'm not a company, I don't charge, I'm certainly no expert, so please take my advice the same as you would off any other caring acquaintance and - before you make any life changing decisions - do your own research.
I do provide the occasional link to other websites / businesses. I don't do this for profit (no one's ever offered me any money, worse luck!), but again I do this to help others. The companies I mention were recommended to me because of my interest in all things Veg Oil motoring, and I list them in good faith. So...
- If you hear of GOOD companies do work in this field, let me know and I'll list their details freely on my site for their own good and yours.
- Similarly if you hear anything BAD about such companies, let me know and I'll react accordingly.
So, to sum up - not a company, sell-nothing, not mechanics, do care about environment, do care about veg oil motoring, am happy to help.
Feel free to contact me if you need help.
As I say, I'm not a company, so you can help me spread the good word in two ways...
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel... this encourages YouTube to list my videos
- Donate a couple of pounds...
Neither of the above is compulsory, but either or both certainly do help.